With 288 million active users every month, Twitter is an excellent marketing platform for businesses. Your business’ presence and activity on Twitter holds a lot of potential. Here are a few tips to help you craft a successful Twitter marketing campaign:
- Share relevant content: The key to creating an effective content strategy lies in understanding what interests your users or will catch their attention. Sharing original content has great value, but it demands time and effort. While you create something original, you still need to keep your followers supplied with content. To this end, you can make use of content curation tools, which help you identify and share relevant content from across the web and require only minimal time and effort from you.
- Tweet at the right time: The idea is that your tweets should reach your audience at times when they are most likely to be online. Experts claim that the best times to tweet are between 1pm and 3pm from Monday to Thursday, and that tweeting more than 3 times a day will not result in a substantial increase in engagement.
- Reach out to influencers: Apart from having a large number of followers, connecting with influencers helps maximize exposure. Identify the experts in your niche, and try initiating a conversation. One way to do this is by finding out who your competitors are following. When connecting with influencers focus on building a relationship. Use content curation tools like DrumUp to curate and share content published by these influencers. Be sure to add an @mention in these tweets to focus the attention on them.
- Make the most of Twitter’s features for marketing: Use Twitter features like hashtags and promoted trends to increase the visibility of your tweets. Track mentions of your brands and hashtags of your choice and respond to them. Twitter search helps you find tweets on a particular topic. You can use search to find relevant conversations and join them, or observe your competitors’ activity.
You can also create Twitter lists, which are collections of users. When you create a list, you can view all the tweets of the users on that list in a separate timeline. The lists can either be private or public. For instance, you can create a public list of influencers to recognize and promote them or create a private list of competitors and use it to monitor their activities.
- Use the Twitter Analytics Dashboard: Twitter’s free activity dashboard helps you monitor engagement and identify the changes you could make to your marketing strategy based on key performance indicators like engagement, impressions (number of times your tweet is visible to the user), engagement rate (engagements per impression), and retweets.
By making use of the features provided on Twitter and implementing a good content strategy, you will be able to run a marketing campaign to achieve your goals. You can find out more about how to engage Twitter followers in one of our previous posts.