Commenting is a controversial marketing tool, because of comments such as the ones below.
In fact, spam comments make up most of the comments on the internet. In fact, Akismet measures around 7.5 million spam comments every month. Excessive commenting simply to build backlinks and increase referrals is hugely frowned upon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t legitimately use social media and blog comments for your company for marketing and generating leads. Comment marketing is even more effective with a reliable social media management tool to increase exposure for your comments.
In fact, marketing expert Sujan Patel once generated 513 unique leads via commenting. What he did was simply as follows.
- Search for relevant conversations/articles.
- Choose exactly where to comment – conversations in active, crowded groups.
- Add genuine value. Don’t simply promote. That’s spam-like.
- Participate in a discussion, don’t randomly intrude.
LinkedIn update – adding images to comments
- Find a conversations, click on comment, upload an image and you’re good to go.
- Choose images that are humorous, add value and are directly inline with the conversation.
- Experiment with multiple formats – GIFs, graphs, screenshots to add more value to comments.
Other social media and blog platforms that allow addition of images in comments. (start using images in all of these places to increase exposure and impact of your social media presence)
- Quora (in answers and not comments on answers)
- Disqus (on wordpress blogs)
Images and visuals are an advantage no matter where you can use them. Start using strategic visuals in your comments to strengthen your comment based marketing and overall online presence.
Feature image via pixabay.com